Milling of Complex 3D Structures
A variety of materials, including most metals such as stainless steel, copper, brass, titanium, and many more, can be laser-milled. Femtosecond lasers are an essential tool for drilling, surface structuring (i.e., hydrophobic/hydrophilic), 3D milling/shaping (molds for micro-optics or stamps), engraving, polishing, or cutting metals.
They are also an important tool for indirect metal processing as traditional milling tools, made from hardened steel, PCD, WC, are often produced using femtosecond lasers.
- Tunable pulse duration, 190 fs – 20 ps
- Maximum output of 80 W and 2 mJ
- Single-shot – 2 MHz repetition rate
- Pulse-on-demand and BiBurst for pulse control
- Up to 5th harmonic or tunable extensions
- Air-cooled model
- Compact industrial-grade design
- Burst-in-burst capability – BiBurst
- 1 kHz – 2 MHz carrier frequency
- 190 fs – 20 ps tunable pulse duration
- Adjustable intra-burst amplitude slope
- Adjustable number of pulses in GHz and MHz burst
Analytical Model for the Depth Progress during Laser Micromachining of V-Shaped Grooves
D. Holder, R. Weber, and T. Graf, Micromachines 6 (13), 870 (2022).
Functional surface formation by efficient laser ablation using single-pulse and burst-modes
A. Žemaitis, M. Gaidys, J. Mikšys, P. Gečys, and M. Gedvilas, in Laser Applications in Microelectronic and Optoelectronic Manufacturing (LAMOM) XXVI, C. Molpeceres, A. Narazaki et al., eds. (SPIE, 2021).
Efficient ablation by ultra-short pulse lasers
A. Žemaitis, P. Gečys, G. Račiukaitis, and M. Gedvilas, Procedia CIRP 94, 962-965 (2020).
Milling applications with GHz burst: Investigations concerning the removal rate and machining quality
S. M. Remund, M. Gafner, M. V. Chaja, A. Urniezius, S. Butkus, and B. Neuenschwander, Procedia CIRP 94, 850-855 (2020).
Highly-efficient laser ablation of copper by bursts of ultrashort tuneable (fs-ps) pulses
A. Žemaitis, P. Gečys, M. Barkauskas, G. Račiukaitis, and M. Gedvilas, Scientific Reports 1 (9) (2019).